Sonoma County Vineyard

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sometimes I just want a Guinness....

Most nights, I drink wine. But every once in a while a trip to the pub is necessary....Usually, we go to Murphy's Irish Pub in Sonoma because, after all it's in our own town. But on this particular night we made the trip to downtown Santa Rosa to visit Stout Brothers.




We looked at the menu that morning (not that I don't already know it) and all day I had talked myself into the Jameson chicken sandwich. Then at the last minute, I changed it to the Jameson burger with onion straws and their killer Jameson BBQ sauce. I just had to do it.


Of course, I ordered a pint of Guinness....Along with the Guinness, I tried a Bushmills 1608. Usually, I drink Jameson Irish Whiskey, but on this night I wanted to try something new. This Bushmills was outstanding. Sure, it was pricey, but aren't most things of high quality?


This extra large shot was about the price of a glass of wine at a nice restaurant - not bad. It had great nutty notes and was super creamy in the mouth with a really long finish. Very, very tasty. I'm gonna have to get a bottle of that!


Just a short post tonight. More pubs on or around St. Patrick's Day.


Slainte! (Cheers 'to your health' in Gaelic)

No comments:

Post a Comment