Sonoma County Vineyard

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Simple meal

We had a simple meal tonight. Very good, but simple.

Okay, don't laugh my wife made pizza made with Bisquick, veggies and sauce....

I was little skeptical, but was really surprised that it tasted wonderful.

What does a simple meal call for? A simple wine....
This is a Red Table Wine from Loxton Winery in Sonoma Valley. Loxton was founded by Chris Loxton in 1996. Originally from a grape-growing family near Adelaide, Australia, Chris moved here in the early 90's for a different reason, but quickly found his way back into the wine biz.

I don't remember the exact blend of this wine, but I know there is a lot of Syrah and Zinfandel. I originally bought it for my Dad some time ago (because I know he liked it when he tasted it), but decided to give him something better.

The aromas and flavors were quite good, but singular. In other words, there wasn't a whole lot of complexity. It was very fruit forward with a lot of body and tannin - perfect for pairing with pizza (any kind).

When it comes to food and wine, it's okay to think about simple wines with simple foods or complex wines with more complex foods.

Sometimes, it's the simple things that make life great. Tonight was a great example of that. After all, we can't eat (and drink) like Kings and Queens every night!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment